NEW DELHI: The Government of India has made it mandatory for every bank account holder to link their bank accounts with their number.
As per a recent press release from the finance ministry, the date for linking bank account with Aadhaar number has been extended to March 31, 2018 from December 31, 2017.
The government in June 2017 has directed the financial institutions, including banks, to verify and link Aadhaar of their customers with their accounts. Since then banks have been asking customers to submit their Aadhaar to link it with their accounts.
It might be possible that you have already submitted your Aadhaar details to bank. However, if you receive notification from your bank again for , it might be possibile that the linkage between the two was not done correctly by the bank or the Aadhaar number entred by you is worng or the bank might have misplaced your details.
All of this you can check online through UID portal or through your mobile. Here‘s a simple guide for you to check whether your Aadhaar has been linked with your bank account:
Through UID portal
1. Open the Aadhaar website – www.uidai.gov.in
2. Once the homepage appears, click on ‘Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status‘
3. Enter your UID Aadhaar number and captcha code. Click on submit.
4. Once you click on submit, an OTP will be sent to your Aadhaar registered mobile number
5. Enter the OTP received and click on ‘Log in‘
6. On successful sign in, the portal will show whether your Aadhaar is successfully linked or not.
Through your mobile
You can also check the status of your bank account Aadhaar linking through your registered mobile number. All you have to do is dial – *99*99*1#. Now enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number. Once you confirm your Aadhaar number, it will show you the bank account linked with Aadhaar. However, it will only show you the last bank account that has been linked with your Aadhaar. In case, you have multiple bank accounts, you will have to check the status of the same with the respective bank.
Get latest news & live updates on the go on your pc with . Download The for your device.