Boy electrocuted after power line snaps

KOTA: A 15-year-old boy was burnt to death after a 11 KV power line fell over him in village under police station of Jhalawar on Thursday. The deceased‘s maternal aunt also sustained burn injured in the incident.
The body was handed over to the family members after post-mortem while the injured woman is undergoing treatment at community health centre (CHC) in Raipur village. Police initiated the investigation after lodging the matter under Section 174 of CrPc.

The boy has been identified as Arjun Meena (15), a resident of village under Raipur police station, told , SHO at Raipur police station. The boy along with his maternal aunt Ghisebai (35) and cousin Devnarayan (15) were riding on a motorbike to their agriculture field from their home in Salari village. While they were passing on the paved path between the fields near Sameli Kalyan village, 11KV power line fell over them, the SHO said.

Arjun Meena sustained 100% burn injuries and died on the spot while two others were rescued by the villagers in the nearby fields, he said adding the woman however sustained burn injuries in the incident and she is undergoing medical treatment at CHC, Raipur.

Get latest news & live updates on the go on your pc with . Download The for your device.

Leave a Comment